SKEG And RUDDER
Building both the Skeg and the rudder took some research and some thinking through, In Nov. of 2024 thru Dec. Both were built. Especially the skeg because you have to basically manufacture a boat part. But what I did was build an exact replica of the part out of wood,, then wrap the part in fiberglass and when it cured I was able to break up all the wood and remove the whole skeg that was made out of wood. I then filled the fiberglass mold with epoxy and chop strand and let it harden up. I also had taken some threaded stainless steel rods and welded them together and put them into the mold when the epoxy was yes the right height and they worked out perfect. And when I made the rudder I took a couple pieces of Douglass fir Marine lumber and mahogany marine lumber and glued them together. And followed the directions and shaped out a 580 Rudder.































Comments
Post a Comment